My First Art Exhibit


On July the 31st 2016 I exhibited my art for the first time.





on the first day it was on the Sunday between 12o'clock and 3o'clock.for the month and opened on the 1st September between 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock on and Monday Tuesday Thursday and Saturday.
4ft by 16ft. Biggest Painting I ever done.


I worked for two years on a selection of paintings for the exhibit. I mainly did landscapes in oil. My style was quite abstract.









The exhibit was also part of my Silver art award. I had to research and critique other artists. My style was influenced by some of the art I saw.





Advertising and Marketing

So the first thing I did was to design a leaflet. To do this process I had to learn how to use Photoshop. I had to think about where to leave my flyers. I decided to leave the flyers reasonably local (20 miles radius). I put some posters on notice boards and asked shop keepers to place one in their windows.I used social media to advertise. I put a picture of my flyer and some text about myself and the exhibit on Facebook. I encouraged people to put the word out about my exhibition.The ‘Read Me’ publication wrote a piece on me and also published my event.





Flyer for my exhibition.


Selecting Pictures to Exhibit

I thought that it was important to exhibit my work in the right way. I group pictures of a theme and pictures I felt went well together. I also included some sketches as I thought people would be interested in seeing the stages that lead up to a piece of work,.









How I displayed the images was very important and I experimented putting them in different location in the gallery.


























Setting up the space


Once I had a solid idea of how I wanted my images displayed it was then necessary for me to ensure that the condition of the gallery complimented the exhibit. My thoughts were to keep a neutral and uncluttered space as I felt that this would make the colour in my pictures stand out






I was very careful to make sure with the spacing of my pictures and used a spirit level to ensure that they were level.




After the painting were hung I 'snagged' the area, making sure that the walls and the were blemish free.



I had to instruct people helping with the exhibit.


Painting the floor was part of the snagging process.

The  Open day




on the first day i invited family and friends And artist i know to see my first exhibition.I had food and drink and a little barbecue for their guests.About 70 people came to see it on the open day.

I had a comment book for the days i was open and got some feedback and good comments.




























The end of the whole month i opened up and closed it down. About 340 people came altogether for the exhibition. It was a good experience and i can't wait for the next exhibition.























Comments