Cat Bells(451m), Maiden Moor(576m), High Spy (653m).




We arrived in the Lake District around 6pm and set off on our walk



The approach to Catbells



Catbells (NY244/198)


We completed Catbells and then arrived at our camping place (NY245/190) just as the sun was setting.

I tried an freeze dried expedition meal. It was easy to make you just added hot water. I had the Sweet and Sour chicken. I would give it 7 out of 10 for taste.


The next day we got up early and headed up Maiden Moor. It was difficult to find the top because we were not sure which bit was the highest. We had to use compass bearing to check it out.


Maiden Moor (NY248/212)



We then walked to High Spy. Finding the top was a lot easier because there was a big cairn marking it.

High Spy (NY235/165)








On the route down we passed an old slate mine. Where the ground was a bit uneven I used my walking pole to steady myself.

Comments