Kendal Calling Festival 2015






On the 31st of July 2015 I went to my first music festival...... it was amazing.


After chatting about it with my mates one night we decided to go to the Kendal Calling festival. To make sure I got a ticket I bought mine four months before the event.  Because it always rains in Cumbria me and my mates decided to book a shed to stay in. It was a lot more expensive than camping but at least we would be dry.

On the run up to the festival I slowly got all the stuff that I needed. I bought shorts, sunglasses and a camping chair. I also got my passport and a my sleeping bag ready. I was careful to make sure that my wallet, phone and passport were safe at all times.



Ready to go (bag packed)

My dad gave me a lift to the event and I caught up with my mates and we went through security together. We got our wrist bands and the keys for our shed. We dropped off our gear and then chilled in the shed until the first band we wanted to see started. We watched the 'Vaccines'.



Base (our shed)

The next day (Saturday) we had a late breakfast and then chilled until Ella Eyre was about to play on the main stage. I watched the performance from start to finish; it was amazing.

Looking out from the shed

















We then got a bite to eat, chilled and went to a few side tents. I watched the last tune by Elbow who were playing on the main stage. I missed the start because I was too busy chatting to some people I met from Cumbria. After this I met up with my pals and we partied in a side tent until the early hours.


Looking at main stage


Group photo
Top bar


On the Sunday we had another lie in and chilled out until Snoop Dogg was about to to play on the main stage. We watched Snoop Dogg and then The Kaiser Chiefs who were absolutely amazing. The Kaiser Chiefs really got the crowed jumping and I was buzzing when they came back out to do another set.

After this we partied until the early hours listening to Red Light in a side tent called the 'Glow tent'.


Snoop Dogg

On Monday morning we packed up and left the site.

I was upset when the festival was over but was pleased that I went and have already started thinking about other events to go to


Comments