London Trip

First Day



We got up at 5am and went to Newcastle Airport. When we got there we went through customs. We showed them our boarding passes. I checked the information screen to see which Gate to go to.

The flight just took an hour.



Flight down



When we got to Gatwick we then got the train and tube to London centre.


We Saw Saint Peters













We walked to the Tate Modern art gallery over the Thames.


Tate modern art Gallery


The Tate Modern was huge. I looked at a lot of art. The art I liked the most was by the artists Nolde, Turner and Rothko.


Emil Nolde

I liked liked Nolde because it was similar to the style that I paint in.

A Turner picture
I liked the way that Turner uses little colour but get a dramatic affect through using dark and light.


Mark Rothko

Rothko's picture made me think. If I stared at them I felt I was going through a door into the unknown. Again Rothko used few colours.



I saw the Tower Bridge


After visiting the Tate Modern Alistair and I walked beside the Thames to the Youth Hostel. We passed Tower bridge.

We also saw some street art.



After we had checked in and freshened up we took the Underground to Westminster where we saw Big Ben


Big Ben


From Big Ben we went to see Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace



Buckingham Palace
From Buckingham Palace we walked back to the Thames and took some photographs of the London  Eye. We checked out the prices to ride the London Eye

London Eye 




After our busy day I used the Underground to get back to our Youth Hostel

2 Day



We took the Tube back to Waterloo station. I navigated.

I used the Street Directions
Using the Tube was easier when you
knew how to read the map.



We went on the London Eye. I took loads of pictures.





A picture I later painted

After this we met up with Alison's cousin and went out for a meal in the East End.





3 day


I used the Tube and the street signs to navigate to the Apple store in Regent street. I had never been there before. We met Alison there.

We looked at some of the smaller galleries in the area.



Then Ali and I went to the Natural History museum.


Natural History Museum.

A giant prehistoric Sloth
We saw some weird things




After the Natural History Museum we went back to Gatwick and flew home.

London was really big. I felt a bit nervous at first but would now like to go back to see the bits I missed.




Comments