My art in the style of Giger

Giger

Personal history? (born and died.....lived.....early art history)

H R Giger was born in Chur in Switzerland, in 1940. He moved in 1962 to Zurich, where he studied architecture and industrial design at the School of Applied Arts.

What others thought of their work?

Giger's work influenced the film Alien and earned him an Oscar in 1980.

Their style?

Giger's style is fantastic realism. His work is scary.

Their choice of colour?

Giger's work is typically colourless (monochrome)

The materials they used?

When he started Giger used ink drawings and oil paints but later used airbrush. He also completed some sculptures and put these in his museum in the Château St. Germain.

Why I chose them?

I chose Giger because I thought his work was really scary. I liked his futuristic view on things and his choice of dark colour which makes you feel frightened

Comments