Biking at Hamsterly

Alistair and I went to Hamsterly forest for a bike ride. We got the bikes out and set them up then went to the cafe for a drink and some food.








We then went on the bike ride following the blue arrows.

Alistair had about three punctures which slowered us down.




The terrain was hilly. I practised my descents making sure that I stood up, pushed the handle bars away from me, put my weight over the back wheel and 'feathered' the brakes.




The ride was hard at times and my hand slipped off the handle bars a few time.














The track was bendy at times and I had to 'feather' my brakes again so that I did not crash into the trees.














I liked riding through the trees the most because I had to concentrate hard and it gave me a buzz.

At the end of the ride I felt tired but buzzing because I had complete the blue route!

I had to clean my bike before putting it back in the van. I cleaned the bike frame, the wheels, the brake discs and the pedals. I also cleaned the gears to stop them from clogging up and jamming.



Before we went home we had a quick walk around the 'skills loop' and looked at the drop offs, big jumps and burns..... it looked very hard.Posted by Picasa

Comments