Robinson Knott Rigg and Ard Crags

We planned a walk in the Lake district over Robinson, Knott Rigg and Ard Grags.
We allowed ourselves four and a half hours to do the walk and an extra hour as safety time; five and half hours total.We checked the weather, got all the appropriate equipment and clothing an set off at about noon.
Summit of Robinson (737m)
  
 We found a parking space near Birkrigg and walked across the valley floor to the start of the ridge leading up to Robinson. When I looked at Robinson I thought I'd never get to the top. But we planned our resting places and and slowly chipped away at it.
 
 

Alistair at the top of Robinson

At the top  of Robinson the view was amazing and I could see Crummock water which I had walked around a year or two back.
 
 
View down Keskadale whilst having lunch
 From the top of Robinson we slowley walked down to Buttmere Moss and the on to the pass by Moss Force where we had lunch. At this oin we had covered just over half the walk but I was already feeling a little tired.


Top of Knott Rigg (556m)
After lunch  I had a choice of carrying on with he walk or taking the road back to the car. I walked a little bit up towards Knott Rigg and then decided to keep on going.
 


Top of Ard Grags (581m)



 At Ard Grags I was feeling really tired and my legs were aching but I knew I was not far from the end of the walk. At the top of Ard Crags I stopped and looked back at the route we had taken and felt happy that we had accomplished what we had planned.
 
On the way home we stopped for a hot chocolate to celebrate.....it tasted good and I was chuffed.
 

 

 

Comments